11.11.2007

Jesus Juice Box



Mention "box wine" to someone and you'll probably get a laugh. It lacks the classy curved silhouette, the cork... and it would stick out like a sore thumb in a wine cellar. Boxed sake is nothing new, it's what I'd see my uncle having whenever I went to Japan.

The other day I was in the wine aisle at Target and saw a new addition to the usual Wine Cubes. Personal serving size versions. Juice boxes for grownups! I couldn't resist. I'm no connoisseur, just someone using creative packaging as an excuse to drink wine. The Cab/Shiraz was sold out so I went with the Pinot Grigio. My reasoning? It had the barest shelf space, therefore it must be popular. :)

(No, it doesn't come with a straw.)

So my layman's verdict is that it tastes pretty nice. It's refreshing and light.  At $7.99 for a 4-pack it's not a bad deal, especially if you want something quick and easy to enjoy with a meal, smuggle into a concert or on the job (haha kidding). It paired with some down-home salmon zoosui (rice porridge) nicely!

No comments: